LATHS
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LATHS

Ligue de hockey simulée

Accueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -40%
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + ...
Voir le deal
29.99 €

Scott Niedermayer prend sa retraite...sniff

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Quenouille Admin
Admin
Quenouille Admin

Scott Niedermayer prend sa retraite...sniff Empty
MessageSujet: Scott Niedermayer prend sa retraite...sniff   Scott Niedermayer prend sa retraite...sniff Icon_minitimeMar 22 Juin - 17:58

Scott Niedermayer retires after brilliant career

Tuesday, 06.22.2010 / 5:25 PM / 2010 Offseason News
By John McGourty - NHL.com Staff Writer
102Share

tweetmemeWrite();

There's a reason that Anaheim Ducks defenseman Scott Niedermayer is the only hockey player in the world to win the Stanley Cup, Olympic gold, the World Championship, World Junior Championship, the World Cup and the Memorial Cup.

Niedermayer, 36, who retired Tuesday after 18 NHL seasons, was simply one of the best defensemen in the history of the game and certainly one of hockey's all-time best skaters. Schooled in the tight defensive style of the New Jersey Devils, Niedermayer was transformed from one of the best offensive defensemen in Canadian junior-hockey history into one of the NHL's top shutdown players.

Murray said Niedermayer's press conference was indicative of what kind of person he is. Niedermayer went back years thanking teammates, coaches and executives, but took much longer to go through a lengthy list of front-office workers, trainers, publicists, fans and the media. He named every Devils coach as well as Ducks coach Randy Carlyle. He also named every member of the Devils defensive corps when he broke in -- Driver, Stevens, Daneyko, Slava Fetisov, Alexei Kasatonov and Tommy Albelin. He thanked Ducks owners Henry and Susan Samueli and former Devils owner, the late John McMullen and his family.

"I could not have dreamed of such an amazing journey. I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me this is going to be your career. I've been very lucky." -- Scott Niedermayer
Niedermayer went through his retirement conference with the same skill and fluidity he showed on the ice until he got to thanking his children, Logan, Jackson, Josh and Luke, and his wife, Lisa.

"I owe a big thank you to my family," he said. "Having you in my life is what made it possible to do my job. ... I want to mention my brother Rob, who is a great friend and has always been very supportive. We did everything together so getting the chance to play together here in Anaheim and winning the Stanley Cup together was amazing."

Murray said Niedermayer has agreed to remain with the Ducks as a consultant.

"You can never have enough winners around," Murray said.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://laths.1fr1.net
kalashnicole
NHL Player
NHL Player
kalashnicole

Masculin

Scott Niedermayer prend sa retraite...sniff Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Scott Niedermayer prend sa retraite...sniff   Scott Niedermayer prend sa retraite...sniff Icon_minitimeMar 22 Juin - 18:15

un excellent joueur de plus qui part Crying or Very sad
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Scott Niedermayer prend sa retraite...sniff
Page 1 sur 1